Tuesday, May 20, 2008

30 Lbs! - Slow and Steady wins the race.

As of today I have lost 30 lbs. The key this time has been to eat very well. For example I ate a bowl of strawberries for dinner. No quick stop of McDonalds as it quickly adds up. I eat 4-5 meals per day every 3 hours starting at 9 PM. Because I am a geek, my phone actually dings when it is time to eat and that works for me. Other key ingredient is that I am allowing myself to cheat every once in a while (at most weekly.) Telling myself I will never eat an ice cream cone on a hot day or a fine Pinot Noir with fresh grilled salmon is just too damn oppressive. The very interesting thing is that I have NOT been working out. I went to the Dr to ask why my energy = 0 on some days. We did a sleep study and it turns out I have sleep apnea....Isobel calls me the snore monster. Guess how you fix it? Weight loss. I look forward to the yawns going away and for me to get into the gym to accelerate this turn around. I loved the body I was in when I was a wrestler and liked it even more in 1999 when I was a hard core outdoors man. On my way back and feel very very good....yawn (except for the yawns)

No comments: