Thursday, December 25, 2008

Winter Carpe Diem - The Turning Point

The solstice reminds us that after a time of darkness comes a turning point. Just when light appears to have completely vanished, it shows forth again. Still soft and weak at first, it begins to renew itself. And so, in similar situations in our lives, we must nurture the forces of recovery and renewal with tenderness in the beginning, so that the return may lead to a flowering.

This winter I will recover my brain. I am reading Dr Amen's new book, change your brain, change your life. Summer and Fall were very stressful and anxiety provoking. The hospitalization, the merger, the economy. This winter I will:
  • Walk or otherwise be active daily.
  • Eat every 3 hours.
  • Sleep 8 hours a night.
  • Think positive thoughts, meditate if I have to.
  • Be productive and save. Measure with KPIs

No comments: