Wednesday, January 03, 2007

DOMS, Fruit, Work

Well, I have a case of delayed on-set muscle soreness (DOMS) This is the soreness in your legs on the second day after a hard workout due to excess lactic acid build-up, which in my case is a stong indication that my body cannot process that level of work yet. DOMS is no big deal. You waddle around a bit but for me its an indication that my hike was a good one. In fact as I progress through the training season I push myself to new heights and say to myself, last time this hike caused DOMS, this time it did not....next week I will push up 300-500 more feet. Eventually I can hike up 6000 Feet in one session without any soreness and pain.

Bought a bunch of Fruit to nibble on at work instead of going out to eat every day. Safeway.com makes it real easy to pick out a basket of item and then they ship it to you weekly if you like. I have Grapes, Apples, Pears, Mangos and Nectarines.

Work got in the way of my workout yesterday as I worked until about 7:30, went out to dinner and then worked again until 2 am. Also means I did not get enough sleep but I hope to catch up on that this evening. Back to the gym tommorrow morning!

No comments: